Urban Growers Leadership Program
FARM TOUR SERIES FOR LOCAL GROWING LEADERS
The Northern Rhode Island Conservation District (NRICD) and Partner Organizations
NRICD and its partner organizations are pleased to announce the 2020 Urban Growers Leadership Program, a farm tour series of leaders in urban growing in Providence County, Rhode Island. The Urban Growers Leadership Program supports urban growers who are enthusiastic about advancing not only their individual knowledge, but also their community’s capacity to grow food in small spaces.
COVID-19 PROGRAM SAFETY:
NRICD and partners will follow the COVID-19 safety guidelines in place by the State of Rhode Island throughout this project. If NRICD and partners are unable to host the farm tours in-person, there will be remote farm tours for the participants based on the comfortability and safety of everyone.
POTENTIAL FARM TOURS TOPICS:
- Soil Health
- Greenhouse Management
- Expanding & Launching a Business or Organization
- Market Resources & Where to Sell
- Inspiring Garden Communities through Outreach, Communication, and Persistence
The program is completely for the benefit of the participants! The topic and emphasis of each farm tour is based on each participant’s needs and interests. Each participant’s availability will be taken into account when scheduling events to the greatest extent possible.
Each participant will also be matched with a partner organization to participate in a skill-share program to guide their learning and growing over the duration of the program.
By participating in the Program you will earn:
- Stipend: $600
- Certification of Training
- A training guide of notes from each Farm Tour for future reference
- June 2020 - February 2021
Who Can Apply?
- Any individual that is growing or gardening in small/urban spaces in Providence County, RI. Past participants have included community garden leaders, small business owners, employees of farming and gardening organizations, and farmers who grow primarily for their own families.
- Any individual who has the excitement and commitment to learn, get involved in the community, and advance their growing skills.
How To Apply:
Please complete the online application below. If you prefer, download the PDF version, complete it, and email to: email@example.com
- PDF Application (English)
Deadline: June 12, 2020 -- Extended to June 30, 2020
- Online Application (English)
- Gusaba PDF (Kinyarwanda)
Deadline: June 12, 2020 -- kugeza July 10, 2020
- Gusaba kumurongo (Kinyarwanda)